Great simple, addicting and fun game. Great sound effects and rocket boosts!
Not too bad. The graphics are good and have an old arcade feeling to them from about 10 years ago.
- a game icon
- a start page
- a tutorial
- better controls (space bar to shoot would be much better)
- music, sound effects etc
etc etc etc
It's not horrible for a super early version of the game but needs lots of work to be unique or interesting.
Yeah,what evreybody says it's true.It needs alot work to get it works better and menus etc!
Kind of a Mario Bros, NES style side scroller RPG.
It's got a fun factor though it's simple. The retro graphics could be cool or a turn off depending on your audience.
I understand it's a beta. Here are my suggestions.
- the game controls took a while to figure out. I know you have it listed on your NG author comments section but I would HIGHLY suggest a pop up bubble or a small HUD at the bottom of the screen that always tells your players that arrows move "C" - attacks etc.
- having to equip the sword in the beginning is unnecessary. Just start your game with the sword equipped or have a tutorial explain that right up front. It took me like 2 levels to figure that out. Better yet, have the sword in a treasure box and as soon as you get it, have a tutorial tell you to equip it.
- The jump height seems too low to me. You also need to explain to users that in order to get to higher areas, they need to do a running jump.
- I echo what others have said regarding lots of "bugs" in the game. The first level doesn't allow the slimes to hurt you. And it appeared that a few other things weren't working properly as well. I only played the first couple of levels.
- I think your menu design could use some work too. It was extremely basic once inside the inventory. There didn't appear to be any way to "exit" and the game froze. Again, bad tutorials are to blame as are "bugs" in your game.
- There isn't any story line. You just have a random hero in a side scroller world. You need to engage your audience more or they will get bored quickly.
Best of luck.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.